Monday, December 21, 2009

Child Support/Custody Hearing Today!

Sorry everyone! I know it's been a while since my last post.  Today was my custody and child support hearing and it turned out Anthony ended up bringing an attorney with him. I think it's funny how he's telling the judge him and his wife are living in poverty and that he can't afford to pay child support but somehow he found the money to hire an attorney. I just don't get it. But anyway, court was adjourned and we have to be back on Jan 4th but the judge suggested that we try working on an agreement so we don't have to come back. He's refusing the take a drug which makes me suspect even more that he's doing drugs and selling them too. I wish I had solid evidence.....I swear when I make it and have the money for it I'm going to hire a private investigator to find evidence for me. I know he's selling drugs again, our mutual friends have confirmed it but without proof it would stand up in court. I would never get our friends involved....it wouldn't be fair and I honestly don't think they'd want to get involved anyway. If I was them I wouldn't.

Anyway, on a positive note the judge dismissed his request for claiming bella on his taxes. He said that the law states the person who the child resides with most of the time gets to claim the child so I'm happy about that. I still am going to pursue the legal custody thing because regardless of his promises in court I am 99.99% sure that his actions afterwards won't match his words. They never do and never will. He's going to tell the judge obviously what he wants to hear. I just hope the judge reads right through him.

I am not happy about going to court again in January but am still going to keep my faith that it will work out in my favor regardless because the judge will read right through Anthony and know that  he's a liar and resentful man.  I want him to be a part of her life and have always wanted that but he's never been consistent with his visitation before....what's changed now?  His daughter is six and she has no desire to have a relationship with her father which breaks my heart but it's his own fault. He should of been there from the begining and he had no reason not to be. We lived so close to each other, he always had the ability to be there for her but he made the choice on his own not to be there. So it's his fault his daughter doesnt want anything to do with him.

I hope we can settle this out of court. If he agrees to giving me legal custody of our daughter then I will work with him on the child support but $100/week isn't going to cut it for me. If he doesn't meet me half way then we'll have no choice but to take it back to court.

It's really sad that single moms have to go through all this. Luckily in most cases the court rules in our favor. I know that there are good fathers out there who do right and take care of their children. I even know a few myself. I just wish there was more of these types of fathers out there then dead beat ones.

I will keep everyone posted on the status of my case! Please feel free to commenet or give any advice.

Happy holidays!

Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment