Tuesday, December 8, 2009

My daughter's Santa Letter

Good morning everyone!

I decided to blog today about my daughter's santa letter this year. A week ago I was helping my daughter write her second Santa letter because she claims she forgot to ask for a very important thing (lol) and she said to me, "Mommy, if you believe in Santa why don't you write him a letter and ask for help in finding an investor for your series?" Not wanting to ruin it for her the way my dad did when I was her age, I've vowed to believe in Santa so she could too and savour every moment of it. After all kids are only kids once right?  I've been working so hard on finding an investor, perfecting my business plan and networking as much as possible. In the process, I've met wonderful people and made great contacts and feel in my heart I'm too close to my dream of bringing this reality series to television that there is no way I could give up now. Right?

Anyway, so I said to Bella, "You know what sweetheart? You are so right?" "I do need to write Santa a letter." So I wrote a simple request to the North Pole that if there were any miracles left for the year that all I asked for was to find an investor for my series. I let Bella stamp it and we mailed it out the same day. That same afternoon my mom told me how one of the things Bella put in her first Santa letter was not only a good boyfriend for mommy (lol--she's so sweet isn't she?) but an investor for mommy's show. The only thing she asked for herself was a Dog and a laptop computer (A REAL ONE!!!!-Geez kids these days are so advanced!!! lol) Anyway, it warmed my heart to know that my beautiful little girl believes in my reality series as much as I do.

She's my biggest motivation for everything I do and it makes me so proud that she's thinking of others before herself. Being a young mom, I know I still have a lot to learn when it comes to parenting but just knowing that my sweet little girl is growing up to be a loving, kind, giving and sweet little girl makes me so proud to be who I am and motivates me even more to keep pursuing my dream of bringing this reality series to life and finishing my first novel.

I believe in miracles and she does too. Like someone told me recently..."It only takes one special person to turn things around for me." I know that special person is out there somewhere and somehow the universe will bring us together. Hopefully by Christmas!!!!!

Happy holidays everyone!

Jessica

No comments:

Post a Comment