Tuesday, May 25, 2010

My Amazing Life Journey-All to the Power of Faith, God & the Universe


It's been an amazing journey so far developing my single parent reality series project. A concept I came up with back in August 2009. When I first started out I had no freaking idea how I was going to bring this show concept to life. I had no connections to the entertainment industry at that time and had no knowledge on what first steps to take to even start taking my reality show idea further onto the next steps. I had always dreamed of having a successful career in the entertainment industry: writing, creating, producing, acting, singing, entertaining, and having the power like Oprah, my biggest mentor, to inspire people and make a difference in the world.

But as years went by and I got older, it seemed like the one dream and life I'd always wanted and felt passionate about seemed like a thousand light years away. The biggest issue was the lack of confidence brought on by years of hardships, set-backs, disappointments, betrayals, pain and negativity from those around me who filled me with constant BS that to succeed in the entertainment industry you had to be (1) born with talent (2) know the right people who can get you into the industry. So I spent my life struggling with figuring out my life purpose and why I was born with such a big passion for music, writing and business when my life seemed to be heading no where near that career path. I just couldn't understand why be given a passion for something I'd probably never be really good at or have the chance to explore.
It took my first "aha" moment after reading "The Secret" by Rhonda Byrnes to truly realize how all of the hardships and challenges in my past and present were due to my thoughts, actions and lack of faith in myself. Mind you even back then, I was a believed in miracles, faith and good things happening to good people. I knew I was a good person with a big heart but somehow was convinced that a miracle and living the life of my dreams just wasn't in the cards for me. My life up to the point where I was introduced to "The Secret" and law of attraction principals (Thank you Oprah!) was a mirror image of my past actions and thoughts.

It all made sense and clicked! I then became obsessed with the whole process and began reading every single self-help book I could find on the law of attraction and the power of our mind, miracles and faith, and its' when I realized that I did have the talent and power to create the life I've always dreamed of and that it was my lack of faith that was keeping myself from seeing my true creativity. I mean...How could I possibly see my born talents and abilities if my mind was filled with negativity and thoughts of not being good enough for anything? Duhhh Jessica!

So anyways, I began changing my thoughts and kid you not felt like a brand new person inside and out. I finally feel like the person I was born to be. My passion for business, success, happiness, wealth, abundance and great health grew, and all I could think about was how I hope one day I'd make it far enough in my career where I can help others and teach the law of attraction principals to kids, young adults and other people. I wanted my life purpose, whatever it ended up being, to entail helping others and making a big difference somehow.

On the afternoon that this reality series concept idea popped into my head, believe me when I tell you, it happened so unexpectedly. It was like a bright ass light bulb turning on suddenly in my head. I remember just sitting there and thinking....."Why the heck didn't I think about this before?" I've been a single mom now for six years and never did I think of something like this being good for television. I also remember the feeling of knowing I had a great idea but also knowing that I lacked the knowledge of the steps I needed to take to take this idea to the next level.

So I began researching the Internet (thank goodness for Google) and investing in reference books & reading books on writing for the television industry. Within a month I not only had gained a whole lot of knowledge that gave me hope that bringing this idea to life was indeed possible, but had come into direct contact with amazing people in the industry who were willing to mentor and help me make my dreams a reality. Today when I tell people in the entertainment industry on how far I've gotten with this project in just under a year, its' kinda funny to watch as they listen to my story with amazement, that a single mom like myself who just a few months ago had no experience or direct connections to the entertainment industry, and lost in self-pity of being in over $50,000 in student loans debt and contemplating on whether I should apply to law school or not is now well on her way to becoming the next big reality star on television. Well at least that's what some of my new friends in the industry say. Trust me....I can never be that conceited. I care too much about people and hate presenting myself as if I'm better then everyone because I'm not.

But I do want to be living proof that anything is possible and that if you can think it, dream it and believe in it....then you can achieve it. I want people to look at me and be inspired by my journey to success and use it as inspiration to follow their dreams and goals. I want the power to educate children and young adults on the power they have to do anything they set their mind to, so they're not almost 30 years old, like me, when they start living the life of their dreams.

There are times when I think...."If someone would have been around to open up my eyes to the law of attraction principals and the power we have to create the life of our dreams, I could have been living my dream by now." But now I know that my purpose in life was not only to reach success and set a great example of the power we all have to create the lives we want and attract the things we wish to have no matter how big or small. This would be the one full fillment to my biggest passion.....to make a difference in other peoples lives.  In order to do all that, I needed to go through certain things in life to prepare for the role I'd play in the life leading to my destiny. To inspire, help and make a difference with passion, I needed to speak and teach from experiences in my own life. If I never experienced any hardships, challenges or devastating events in my life. How would I be able to help, understand and relate to those I'm trying to help and inspire? Another of my "Aha" moments I guess you could say. lol

My latest reading of choice is a book I purchased just yesterday afternoon actually. It's titled "Three Feet from Gold" by Sharon L. Lechter & Greg S. Reid with "The Napoleon Hill Foundation" and "Think and Grow Rich" book. Its' a book that teaches you the power behind the hardships and challenges that we find hard to comprehend at the time we're going through the bad times. It teaches the importance of turning obstacles into opportunities.

I'm only half way through the book at this point but be rest assured that when I read this back front to back (have been re-reading chapters throughout the day today off and on....highlighting quotes and tips in book that stand out to me.) I will be posting my own post summarizing what I have learned from this book in hopes that readers who haven't done so already, will experience their own "AHA" moment and realize how wonderful our lives could really be. I hope to do this for many people to come, but if I I end up doing it for just one person who's on the path of living a life of self-destruction, lack of self-worth and loathing and help inspire them to take that turn onto a positive journey. It will be my moment of knowing that I had reached my true purpose & destiny in life.

"You can do it if you believe you can. You control your destiny." -Napoleon Hill

Warmly,

Jessica Fernandez
Believer in Miracles, Creator of my own Destiny & Proud Single Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment