Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Latest Radio Interview



 


This past Tuesday, I was invited on as a guest on Dr. David Moore's and Dr. Steve' Geonopulos's "Life Dr" Internet radio show to discuss single parenting and handling stress, along with providing listeners with show development updates. It had been the second time that I've been on their radio show, so I was really excited to have the opportunity to update all the listeners on what's been going on with "Single Parenthood: NJ". Both Dr. Moore and Dr. Steve are great examples of people who are living their lives doing what their most passionate about, and using their talents to help people and make a difference. I'm really grateful to have crossed paths with them both, and hope the connection continues for years to come!

"Thank you Dr. Moore and Dr. Steve for all your support this past year. You guys are one of the many great people out there who believed in "Single Parenthood: NJ the moment they heard about it. Even more for believing in me, and my goal to increase awareness on the need for more working single parent support programs. It's definitely something that I will never forget, no matter how much success my life is blessed with, or where I end up in the next year." -Jessica Fernandez-

So anyways, after the radio interview I couldn't stop thinking about the topic of handling stress as a single parent, and how I've handled certain events in my own life. I began to look back and reflect on all the challenges, and hardships that I've faced this past year. I've definitely been faced with some of the most difficult circumstances of my whole life. When I first began developing my reality show project, I remember feeling like I was in a good place. I had a beautiful, healthy little girl who believed in me whole heartily when no one else would.

When so many were being hit hard by the tough economy, and were losing their jobs, homes and experiencing unexpected financial difficulties. I got into the habit of waking up each day, and just taking a few minutes before getting out of bed to say "Thanks" to God and the Universe for my job, and the financial security I had in my life. I prayed for the families that have been affected dramatically by the thousands of layoff's each day by both big and small companies, and so grateful that I still had mine. I just couldn't imagine being unemployed during a time when I was about to embark on a journey, and take the biggest risk of my whole life.

So when news hit at work that the partners where going their separate ways, and that I'd be losing my job. I don't think I ever felt my own stress level rise so quickly. I was definitely caught blind-sided. I had never been out of work, and had just begun taking the steps to develop my 1st television project. On top of that child support payments had stopped coming for months now. If losing my job along with millions of other Americans was a part of the path leading to my life purpose. Well, so be it. I've been through enough in my life at this point that I felt there wasn't a battle that I could not win. Although I did feel with all honesty, at the time the news was fresh, that this was the worst time in my life to be going through such financial distress. I was unexpectedly faced with the biggest challenge of my entire life. But soon realized it was one of the last true tests of faith that I needed to pass this final phase of my life, and move on to the brand new one I was working hard towards.

As hard as it was not to fall into a deep state of depression of having to give up my nice two-bedroom, two-bath condo rental, stop my monthly facials, and massages, and bi-weekly shopping sprees. I decided to put my faith in the Universe. I've been actively learning and studying the law of attraction principals, and taking it all in like a sponge. I knew that positivity was key in a situation like this so I decided to take the high road, and instead look at my situation as a true blessing in disguise. This was the perfect opportunity to test my own knowledge, and skills of controlling my own thoughts to change my current unemployed status to one filled with joy, wealth and abundance.

So here I was having to adjust to living off an income that basically was half than I was making a few weeks before. It wasn't easy but my mind was set. I was going to make the constant effort to see the positive in the negative no matter what, and embrace my unemployment status as time to reflect on things in my life that I've been avoiding for too long.  It began feeling more like a gift had been given. I was no able to focus on my writing and developing my TV project full-time from the comfort of my home. I gave myself a goal of launching my project within a year to help me stay focused.

It's now been exactly one year in the month of November 2010, and I have so far been able to stay on track with accomplishing my goals. But just like any other single parent out there who's unemployed and/or struggling to support a family on one income. I've faced many ups and downs this past year, and the amount of stressed I endured was never as high. If it weren't for all of the positive influences in my life, my increased spirituality, and new found knowledge and faith things would have probably turned out differently.

So for my next post I've decided to write about my own personal ways of dealing with stress as a un-employed single mom. In an effort to add to my writing portfolio, I've decided to submit my first writing piece to a major parenting magazine this month. I've been going back and forth on what topic to write about and have decided to also choose this topic for my first queried article.

I've had no choice but to experiment with different ways of relieving the amounts of high-stress I've been under in the past year. It was an important part of being able to stay in control of my thoughts, and goals. It just seemed like the perfect subject to write about since it will be a piece written by a single mother who knows all to well what it's like to be affected emotionally and physically by life's high levels of stress. So stay tuned for the next post titled "Single Parenthood & Stress: How to deal"

To learn more about Dr. David Moore and Dr. Steven Geonopulo's chiropractic expertise visit their websites below:

On Track Chiropractic

New Heights Chiropractic: A Creating Wellness Center

If you missed me and cast member Michele Bloom on "Best Life Dr" last Tuesday, please visit http://www.worldofsingleparenthood.com/ and click under the Press/Events tab for the uploaded recording of the interview.

Thanks for reading!

JF

No comments:

Post a Comment