Tuesday, April 6, 2010

A message to all my Single Parent Supporters! Thank you!

I know first-hand what it's like to feel helpless, alone and misunderstood when it comes to raising a family on your own and having to deal with those stereo-types out there that look down on you for being a single parent. They automatically think that just because your stuck raising a child or children on by yourself that you made poor choices and big mistakes. I hate it even more when they criticize young single parents behind our backs and spread their opinions on how we're never going to do anything with our lives and how our kids will probably be the ones that grow up making their own poor choices: joining street gangs, being a school drop outs, getting pregnant young, etc. But what bugs me the most out of all is when someone tries to criticize a single parents parenting skills or lives when that very same person has never (hopefully will never be) been in our shoes and had to face the challenge of raising a family on your own.

There are millions of single parents out there who reached great success and happiness after years of dealing with the heavy challenges of rasing a family on their own. A lot of those stories are documented all over in books, magazine & newspaper articles, television documentaries, movies based on true events. Even some of today's well known names have faced the same challenge we single parents live now or have come from one parent homes. Our very own president Barack Obama was raised by a single parent. His mother, Ann Dunham was only 19 years old when she had him and who knew back then that this woman would one day be the mother of the first black president of the United States!

Then there's the world most wealthy & famous author of the Harry Potter series, J.K. Rowling who was a single mother living on welfare and struggling to survive while trying to succeed as a writer. One of my favorite stories is that of Chris Gardner, a self-made millionaire and entrepreneur who during the 1980's was living on the streets raising his son on his own and now is estimated to be worth over $65 million. So it really upsets me when I hear people look down on single parents and their children because that very child or parent they talk about could be the next self-made millionaire, entrepreneur or big selling singing artist or oscar winning actor/actress.

Yes of course there are those stories of single parents and their children who let their negativity and hardships get in the way of their capabilities and continued to follow a path of self destruction. But the truth is that all this can happen to anyone in any type of family and newspapers and television news stations is living proof of that. It can happen to people in wealthy, middle-class families with two parents.


 I'll tell you one thing though....I'd love to be there to witness the faces of all those who have doubted and looked down on me and criticized my actions in trying to launch this reality series and make a name for myself. I'm sure there are people who don't think I'll make it and are waiting on the sidelines to witness me fail or tell me "I told you so". Well I can't wait for that moment to tell you the truth....to look them all in the face and say..."Look at me now! And what!" ha ha. I think about this moment alot to be honest. lol Which is why I'm so thankful to all those who support my dreams, passion and determination to not only star on my own successful reality series but to make a name for myself in the industry and make a difference in the lives of struggling single parents everywhere. You all have really made a difference in my life and increased my passion and motivation to keep moving forward with this project and never look back.

After all I believe with all my heart that there's a reason why this passion exists within me. If it couldn't go anywhere good, if it wasn't possible for it become a reality...god would of never let me come up with all these ideas if it wouldn't of led to success or something even better. I'm a big believer that everything happens for a reason and that all our struggles, hardships, heartbreaks, betrayals and hurt are part of our life path that will help us grow into the person we are meant to be. And that the only way we'll end up somewhere bad is if we make the choice to take the turn down a destructive & negative path.

We all really do have the power to create the lives we want. Millions and millions of people have proved that very statement to be true. It's up to us to make sure we become one of them...no one else can bring success & happiness into your life but YOU.

Single parent are one of the worlds strongest people because no job is harder then raising a family and deserve the opportunities and support to continue that growth to build a better lives for themselves and their children. The help that's available isn't enough with increasing rates of the single parent population in the U.S. I plan to change all that and am determined to move forward with my plans no matter how many try to bring me down.

To all my fans and supporters.....you can help by spreading the word on this television project and sharing this blog. Become a part of my journey to success....Spread the word! Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment